Monday, September 23, 2013

Smush.

Here is a smushed up version of what I have been up to.
 
We had a fabulous weekend. My sister Bellis and my friend Jen came to visit. We hadn't seen Bell for a month and it was exciting to hear about everything going on in her new hometown. She also brought the cutest pink chair you may ever see for Clairethepeach. It's tiny and pretty much amazing. I hadn't seen Jen for an entire year because she has been traveling all over the world! She missed my wedding, which was super sad, but she was having too much fun running around China and Argentina and a bunch of other places. I was super glad she got to meet bebe. <3 

We ran around town while my husband filmed a documentary for Wholesome Family Farms. Which, by the way, provides the most amazing raw dairy to the locals around Eugene. Raw milk is good for your gut and a bunch of other things. Also...I can't drink conventional milk. It really messes with my body..raw milk though..it's a dream. Support a local farmer with some raw milk love. More on that later though....

I taught myself how to make artisan bread. I also made my own sourdough starter. I felt like a superhero or something with that fermenting thing on my counter. Sometimes the things we think are the hardest turn out to be the easiest. Basically you put flour and water in a bowl and let it sit on the counter for 5 days. Ridiculous. Also, did you know some sourdough starters are over 100 years old? Maybe your great grandma was one of those women to decide to let flour and water sit on the counter for a bit. Common..there is something pretty romantic about a 100 year old sour starter. (;

Mrs.Meyers has the best hand soap ever..I practically want to ingest the honeysuckle scented kind. 

I've also been getting my latte art on in the mornings with higher ground coffee company. Need a portable barista? Call us.

This week I'll be posting some beauty regiments of mine. I've been slowly and gradually wading into the huge pool of natural beauty and health...what do Apple cider, rose scented soap, and almond oil all have in common? You will find out!

Love to you all! 
-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment

merci.