Thursday, January 7, 2016

2 0 1 6



Welcome 2016!
I was a little skeptical about how this year was going to go, but one week in and the new year has redeemed itself. 2015 ended with a big kick in the balls(metaphorically). It seemed like we just couldn't shake that big cloud of anxiety. A mixed bag of stomach problems, the flu, a HUGE workload for my husband, moving in with my in-laws(God bless you. I know you are reading this <3 ), a two year old with a mind of her own, and a baby who just won't let go of the boob, was beginning to take a toll on us.

BUT...

Things have seemed to turn around. Potential job offers for my husband, CLOSING ON A HOUSE!!, facetime calls with the family, a clean refrigerator(the angels be singing), stepping back into meal planning, tackling my reading list, moving on with business endeavors, and writing new songs, have all been shaping the new year into something good.

I still have my goals though. Writing out new year's resolutions is kind of a favorite past time of mine, so I can't exclude them from this blog.

1. Self-care. I know, I know..you be like, 'how selfish!' but listen..being a wife/mama/mover/shaker can get a little tiring! If I take just a few minutes each day to reset, be it reading a book, or plucking my eye brows, or taking a shower, I feel much more able to complete my daily tasks and LOVING my family. So, taking time to do one thing a day for myself.

2. Read one book a month.

3. Meal plan once a week.

4. Spend more time with friends. When you become a mother, you get extremely busy. You also get really lonely sometimes. I find myself looking on facebook at pictures of my friends, and then getting all depressed, because I don't have a lot of time to get together with friends anymore. So once a week I'm going to get together with one friend, or two, or six, or all of them(: IF YOU WANT TO HANG OUT, I'M GAME. Send me a message. I will most certainly say yes.

5. Take one class. I'm really hoping this one is ballroom dancing or something.

6. Stop drinking coffee. It's not that hard....

7. Launch Poselia. This is a lifestyle business that my sister(the one in France..yeah Bella) and I are working on. The launch date keeps getting pushed out, but we are determined. This year is the year. Look forward to darling children's attire, household items, and decor. You should be excited.

8. Less waste. Plans for a compost bin in the works. Recycling is becoming more important to me. Only buying what I need is a high priority. We are already seeing our impact on the earth and really, you want it to end up like WALL-E up in here? Being conscience of what I am throwing away is a big goal of mine. Reduce, reuse, recycle.

9. Create more. Consumption very easily limits our creation. Turn off youTube(figure it out the hard way) and make something beautiful. It could be a poem, an essay, a painting, a few stitches of knitting, dinner, cup of tea, or bouquet of flowers. Make SOMETHING.

10. Smile more often. It makes the world a better place.

There you have it. My goals of this year.
Why don't you share some of your goals in the comments?

-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment

merci.